Thursday, May 27, 2004

Some of you may have read James Gosling's weblog entry
"The world needs more crazy people" this month. It stuck in my mind, as I agree with him whole heartedly.

I've been off sick for the last few days, but I've had a great book to keep me company. Growing Up with Lucy: How to Build an Android in Twenty Easy Steps by Steve Grand. If you've never heard of Mr Grand, well quite franckly I wouldn't be surprised. Basically he's a quite insance guy who has spent the last few years dedicating himself to research into artificial intelligence/life. He works on his own, in his garage, and yet has built one of the most advanced research robots in the world.

He also happens to be a greate popular science writer. Good books are those that pose questions, great books are those that make you pose your own questions. This book is of the latter variety. I recommend this to anyone that needs some inspiration to strike out with their own crazy ideas.

No comments: