Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Polls, PCs and stuff

Well this weeks poll does not seem to be attracting people. Perhaps one one is interested enough in the subject, which does surprise me. WS-Security is the next implementable WS-* specification so I would have though it would at least be on people's radar. I might leave this poll up a little longer than the last one.

In other news, I am off tonight to pick up a couple of second hand machines from a friend. Still trying to plan out what setup I'm going to have, but I suspect that one of these will be my SCM/build server and the other a Tomcat/MySQL etc test server.

In doing all this, I'm definately going to be moving over to Linux on all but one of my machines. The one that isn't going will be for Windows testing and to run one bit of silly hardware that I can only run in Windows. It's looking likely that I'll go for Suse 9.1 thanless I can be pursuaded in another direction.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of Java/Web Services related postings the last couple of days. Lot's to do at work and still catching up from the codefest that was the weekend.