Monday, November 29, 2004

My first post from Linux...

Okay, so maybe that's not such a big thing to most people, however I'm really pleased. This would have happened last night except Blogger appeared to be having problems. It's been a long time since I first posted about my move away from Microsoft, and although it has finally occured in part due to a machine failure, it is good to finally be here.

I should talk a bit about Suse 9.2 Professional, which has been a joy to use so far. I am looking forward to trying it out on a more powerful machine as soon as I can. One thing that has surprised me is that it's not as polished as I thought it would be. I've never been under the missapprehension that a Linux distro is going to be completely polished but I was thinking that Suse would be, given the way Novell are talking about it. Linux is still now where near ready to be a replacement for Windows for many many people. Luckily it's fine for me.

It has taken me a little while to get my development environment up and running on this machine, and it is far too slow to do much with, but I'm going to try to get back into Quintanona tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You should be pleased Linux is a wonderful place to be. I like to see more and more people go.

Matt Large said...

It's good to be here, it's nice to be exploring something new as my operating system as there haven't been any really major changes to Windows in quite a while.

There are lots of little frustrations, especially when you don't have broadband to go a fetch new software, but I'm working around those.

Unknown said...

thomas sabo outlet
herve leger dresses
ugg outlet online
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton bags
ferragamo shoes
nike air max uk
ralph lauren uk
nike huarache
tory burch outlet online
links of london jewellery
rolex uk
ugg outlet
coach handbags outlet
salomon shoes sale
true religion jeans
true religion jeans
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
polo ralph lauren
instyler
longchamp bags
ray ban sunglasses
burberry sunglasses on sale
louis vuitton
fitflops sale clearance
tiffany jewellery
chaussure louboutin
ralph lauren pas cher
nike roshe run shoes
uggs on sale
ugg outlet store
true religion outlet
prada handbags
nike roshe run
michael kors online
0815jianxiang

Unknown said...

adidas superstar shoes
longchamp outlet
ray ban sunglasses
fitflops
toms shoes outlet
coach factory outlet
abercrombie and fitch outlet
cheap jordans
swarovski crystal
nike air max 90
chenshanshan20170318

Unknown said...

www0822

ray ban eyeglasses
canada goose outlet
christian louboutin sale
moncler online
moncler outlet
kate spade handbags
michael kors outlet clearance
nike blazer
chrome hearts
ugg boots clearance