Saturday, December 18, 2004

Did HP just try to screw me?...

Some time ago I told you that I ordered a HP dx2000 Linux machine direct from HP. It was on two week availability, so I sat back and waited. It should have timed perfectly with the turning on of my broadband access, which by the way is on and perfect. After a while HP took the money out of my account and so I figured that the machine was on the way, when it didn't arrive after a little while I thought I would give them a call to check on the delivery status.

When I called them, as well as some really cheesy Christmas music which was great, I was told that they'd stopped supplying that machine. They said I could talk to the sales team and order something else or just get a complete refund.

So my question is, exactly how long after taking my money were they thinking of telling me that I wasn't going to get anything? I took the refund and immediately ordered something from Scan, which for only £100 more is actually a much better machine and I still didn't have to buy Windows so all is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/h/HanlonsRazor.html

Matt Large said...

You are of course very right, and you can probably guess that the post was written from a very reactionary point of view.

I dont' believe that HP really did try to screw me, however there is no denying that they have my money and they could never have delivered my order to me. That's a lot of stupidity, and far too much for a large organisation with a customer service reputation to uphold.

Will this stop me from ever ordering from HP? Of course not, that would be far too far to go. But I won't be recommending them for a while.

caiyan said...

packers jerseys
ralph lauren
jordan uk
longchamp bags
cheap oakley sunglasses
louboutin pas cher
michael kors outlet store
cavaliers jerseys
ralph lauren outlet online
burberry sale
0405shizhong