Tuesday, June 28, 2005

And the world turns on...

The eagle eyed of you will have noticed that the little JavaBlogs logo that used to be just to the left of this post has gone. My blog is no longer aggregated on that site. I am going to miss having JavaBlogs as an alternative home because I really like what they do there, I like the whole idea of communities of blogs coming together and this is one of the best examples. But they have rules, sensible rules which they are fairly flexible about. One of the most important, and probably obvious, of these is that you should mostly talk about Java. You can, and people do, deviate from this theme quite a bit, but really your main theme should still be Java.

Even the less eagle eyed of you will have noticed that Java and general programming have been a major theme of this blog since it started, however this has to change. I enjoy writing this blog a lot, I enjoy pouring my stupid thoughts into it, but this has always been a little stunted by the thought that I should not be straying too far from the Java theme. Often I have come home and just wanted to rant or share some random things that are nothing at all to do with Java. This has been happening more and more recently so it is time for a change.

Of course I could have moved to another blogging system which would give me categorised posts, one of which could have been Java. But I like being on blogger, my friends are on blogger so here I stay. Maybe we will get categories one day, but I don't really mind.

When I started this blog I thought it was going to be all about getting my name "out there" into the Java community, well I was wrong or at least I wasn't thinking hard enough about why I wanted to do this. Really I just wanted to say stuff. Now I can truly say anything I want to...

...it could be anything...

...wait for it...

...it's going to be good...

... ... ...